Saturday, October 19, 2013

Spring Beauty

 photo OctoberBeauty1_zpsaef960aa.jpg
 photo October-Beauty-2_zps006b4cdb.jpg
 photo October-Beauty-3_zps84233a76.jpg
 photo October-Beauty-4_zpsfff16038.jpg
 photo Orchids_zps981b3260.jpg
She's at it again... here is a little beauty update to share what I have been trailing and using lately. 
I am still trying to use organic products where I can, but have been using a few other things as well, so it is not all organic but a bit of a mixture. 

Since I last spoke of it all, I have used up all of my Kora Organics Foam Cleanser, which I LOVED, and this time thought I would try the Kora Organics Cream Cleanser for something different. While I have never really used a cream cleanser before and I probably prefer the foam cleanser, it is really nice. It is very gentle, with Rosehip, Avacado and Macadamia Nut oils to nourish the skin, I feel as though it would be best for someone who tends to have sensitive or dry skin. The smell is really nice, but subtler than the Foam Cleanser. Also for something different I decided to try the Calming Lavender Mist. I love lavender (actually some may say I have a thing) it is just as nice as the Energising Citrus Mist, and I can see I will get through it just as fast. One thing I have tried is spraying some onto a makeup disposable pad, holding it to my eye, then wiping it off to remove the mascara that cleansing misses. The same goes for my MAC Matte lipsticks- which tend to be tough to remove, but using the Mist as a toner is perfect. 

Finally I use the SKII Facial Treatment Essence to retain moisture and balance throughout the day (happily got this small bottle from the Marie Claire last month just as I had ran out!) before the Kora Organics Soothing Day and Night Cream. The cream is beautiful, with Evening Primrose Oil, Pomegranate, Chamomile, Olive Leaf and Lavender. You can tell it smells good from that list! I find that after a long day my forehead can get a little on the oily side, but not using this. Hoorah! I have tried a LOT of moisturisers, and this is a definite favourite. 

When I visited Alison Jade she set me up with this brow kit, to perfectly fill in my brows without being too heavy or unnatural. I love it, the colours are light, and the wax (used lightly) keeps them in place. 
Finally I went in and got a blush from the Chanel counter, as I had only a bronzing powder with me. I decided on this lighter pink shade Rose Initiale #72 for something different. It has a light sheen finish, and the pigments are subtle, so it doesn't stain or scream PINK from the second it hits your cheeks, but can be built up more in layers. The best part is the rose smell. While these are a bit more pricey, they last such a long time so I think of it along the lines of cost per use, and the smell won me over. 

I never got around to talking about haircare products, and I am still trying some new products from the health food shop, so I will let you know eventually.
xx Jenelle
Instagram @jenellewitty  

3 comments:

  1. I love a good brow kit! I don't think I could live without filling in my brows to be honest. I have a 'thing' too, hahaha. You use some really great products though. I always love hearing about people's skin care and make-up routines. xx

    www.lioninthewild.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this review.I was thinking to buy some Kora products but unsure about those.
    Thanks for sharing
    xx

    Style Of OzOz
    Style Of OzOz Facebook Page

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fabulous review. Adore this post, love. If you get a free moment, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest. :) xo

    www.fashboulevard.com

    ReplyDelete