Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The Myer Centre 21st Birthday

Photobucket

The Myer Centre opened in 1991, so naturally this year being a special one, the team decided to throw a well deserved 21st Birthday party. 
The centre houses the second largest Myer store in Australia, as well as floors of specialty stores and boutiques. Whenever I am in Adelaide there are certain places I tend to visit, including my favorite boutique, Whistles, who stock the best in Australian and international labels. 
I remember buying pieces from Whistles while in high school, and have never stopped.
(As I was 8 when the Myer Centre opened, you can do the math on that one!)

The Myer store is where I get my makeup done for events, such as the opening night for The Adelaide Cabaret Festival. I go to either the Chanel or MAC counter, depending on what mood I am in. They are all so lovely and do a wonderful job. Myer themselves stock a great range of Australian labels like Sass and Bide, Arthur Galan, Arabella Ramsay and Manning Cartell, all of whom I make sure to check out.

I have so many memories of being a goofy young teen riding the glass elevators, buying yards of fabric to make clothes with, or costumes, riding the train and other rides in the Dazzleland amusement park and shopping in the music stores.
Hello the Garbage CD I bought on sale and played over and over for YEARS!
I also remember my Mum making me go on the dodgem cars at Dazzleland, sulking in the line and then crying while being jostled around by big kids. I was small, and TERRIFIED that I would DIE! I still avoid those evil rides at all cost. But the roller coaster ruled, even if it did almost tip you out at one sharp bend.

The Myer Centre 21st Fashion Expose held as a part of the 2012 Adelaide Fashion Festival featured looks from Whistles, Witchery, Jacqui E, Queenspark, Myer, Max Mara, Temt, Bossini menswear, T.S. Lewin and Relax in Vintage. Inviting photographers and bloggers to come close and take photos of the models, made for a lot of pictures. I decided to break up my coverage over two posts, check out the Relax in Vintage styles here.
The stores cater for a huge range, so there was something on show for everyone from florals, brights, and white dresses for summer, to Melbourne Cup race wear and finally Men's suits.
My favorite pieces were from the current Manning Cartell and Leona Edmiston collections care of Myer. 
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
In love with the back of this Manning Cartell Dress
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

MyerCenterParty

1 comment:

  1. fabulous post! I hope you've been well, love. If you get a sec, I'd love if you'd check out my latest outfit post. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete