Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A kaleidoscope of fashion



min

All of the things I would rather be wearing...
In my series of 'Chaos' here is the next chapter in my mind of colour, fashion and pattern love. The last image is for a wedding dress idea. I mean it is perfect for a wedding now, as I think it is too done to have full length dresses, it's more modern and fun to almost do a take on the 50's prom dress. I have noticed the trend for my friends to get married in coloured dresses, rather than white, which can still be cool, but it's a bit more quirky in colour. 

I have just been adoring the crochet dress from Romance Was Born, I just want to turn them into everything! Short jackets ad capes, scarfs, dresses, hats... Sigh. Rock the granny look. 
So much colour, so much fun. Of course, this is purely just inspiration research at this point, as I am only in the beginning stages of design work for the musical I'm working on next, until we know more details, I am just letting my mind wander. If I can use any part of these ideas- colour, pattern etc it'd be cool. 

I'll leave you with a quote... 

Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else.
-Judy Garland. 

2 comments:

  1. the last dress is simply gorgeous! it would be wonderful as a wedding dress, id never have ever thought about yellow!

    Definitley crushing on the RWB crochet dress, but im obsessed with everything crochet! I have this awesome vintage 70's pattern for a mini dress with bell sleeves. I've been dying to try it for ages! just got to lean how to crochet!

    On another note, just found your blog and love it! great job :) it's always good to find more Perth bloggers!

    ReplyDelete