Tuesday, January 8, 2013

As if

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

So I normally NEVER repost full editorials, as a rule, I feel like, they aren't mine, so I shouldn't really post them, actually this is why I started Nell & The Rest on Tumblr, where I felt more like I could repost and share images I was head over heels for. (While obviously not trying to claim any ownership!) Also it acts as an inspiration folder without clogging up my hard drive space. 
However, I just died over the new Wildfox lookbook. Obviously this stems from a mutual love of the masterpiece film Clueless by Amy Heckerling. Not gonna lie, I wrote a major paper at Uni in my comparative literature class on the Clueless/ Emma Jane Austen link and the lecturer kept it to use as an example for future students. Then asked me to transfer my major into English rather than Drama and Screen studies. (Here is a little trivia for you... I have an Arts Degree, I studied this prior to my Design studies at WAAPA and I am a BIG nerd who LOVES to study and write.) I have to write, and read amazing literature or else I cease to be me. 

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

 "It all boiled down to one inevitable conclusion, I was just totally clueless."

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Anyway, as Clueless captured a generation, (albeit more a retaliation of the mass grunge culture of the 90s, with more femininity and prep) while also centring on the fundamentals of maintaining integrity, overcoming being spoilt, naive, headstrong and often selfish and learning acceptance. And the clothes were to die for. The colours, the over the knee socks (okay I have a few pairs at home), pleated mini skirts, matching cardigans, far too cute dresses, etc etc. It was just pieced together in harmony! I mean, talk about a design being cohesive, it is far stretched beyond reality into a pop-like world of fun, bordering on Musical extravagance. So of course, I LOVED IT!!!

"So okay, I don't want to be a traitor to my generation and all but I don't get how guys dress today. I mean, come on, it looks like they just fell out of bed and put on some baggy pants and take their greasy hair - ew - and cover it up with a backwards cap and like, we're expected to swoon? I don't think so."
(STILL TRUE!)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Wildfox have done an amazing job with this lookbook and S/S13 collection. I have to nab myself that sunflower dress, 'LIKE, TOTALLY' tee and 'AS IF' jumper. There are more pictures from this editorial, head on over to the Wildfox blog here to check them out. 

Peace out. Nell. xx

Facebook / Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment