Saturday, September 22, 2012

PeppermintMilk

















Last nights WA Designer Collections showcased some of the most incredible up and coming designers in Perth. I was blown away by the range of beautiful work, and am now coveting a number of pieces. Before I dash back out to tonights shows I thought I would bring to you some pics from the amazing collection by PeppermintMilk

The dramatic collection, inspired by Marie Antoinette's period on her little farm post baby, embraces dreamy soft cottons, pastels, light corsetry, with flowers adorning the hair. All of the PeppermintMilk garments are made by Maevana Mitchell, who is not only super talented but lovely as well. 
The collection was one of the most researched and developed as a concept that I have seen this year. Her inclusion of underwear and bridal was an amazing touch. That wedding dress was dreamy (and that is big coming from me! I am a little afraid of weddings!). 

I have more to bring you of the WA Designer Collections, Designer Capsule #2, the Hatch and Raspberry + Pop shows, but since today is my birthday, I am going to go get ready for tonights shows, and grab a little celebration drink! 

Oh, I am so excited to be meeting David Downton tomorrow! I am a huge fan, his work has been inspiring me for years. While studying illustration, in my first year I did a project on my favourite illustrator, David Downton, and five years later my dream of meeting him will come true! 
His exhibition is free, and he will be signing his book tomorrow at enex100 so make sure to come down and be inspired! Details below. xx



2 comments: