Monday, January 10, 2011

Beyond The Yellow Brick Road






Yesterday spent sleeping in (or attempting to, but the pull of the glorious sun hindered that idea) after a lengthy evening of unanticipated yet remarkable conversation. Then decided to sketch and paint a little. I am sitting in a room with yellow curtains, which I think paired with the brilliant sunlight influenced my colour choices for the blouse on this 1970s illustration. Once upon a time I decided that yellow was the best colour ever. Hence the curtains.

Still a big fan, I find I use it a lot, subconsciously. For some, it can mean wisdom, happiness, clarity, intellect, honour, loyalty, spontaneity and courage. I love it when people choose to wear yellow, for me it signifies that they are open to the opportunities that the world presents to them. No one who wears yellow by choice can be unhappy. It is a decision that invites conversation, cheerfulness and inspiration. Whilst sitting eating a late night snack last night, I watched as a man in a yellow suit was stopped by tipsy revelers to pose for photos, which he did graciously. He knew it was coming.

My favorite yellow wearers: Reece J Scott, Lana Jaie, Drew Barrymore, Zooey Deschanel, Olivia Palermo, Kiera Knightley.



Reece J Scott, as dressed by me in 2009.


Me in 2008 painting a giant runway image, wearing my vintage Life Be In It T-shirt.

4 comments: