Thursday, April 10, 2014

House of Skye

 photo House-of-Skye-Jenelle_zps4220cd70.jpg
 photo House-of-Skye-Hem_zps5b34de22.jpg
 photo House-of-Skye-_zps26237cf1.jpg

In just a short amount of time, House of Skye has established itself among some of WA's strongest boutiques as both a wearable and exciting label. Employing a belief that good quality should not cost the earth, House of Skye designer Natasha distributes monthly collections drawing on icons of the late 1960's to 1970's (think Stevie Nicks). Producing her own prints and hand dyed fabrics, Natasha is dedicated to creating unique, easy to wear garments that can transcend seasonal changes. Available in boutiques Varga Girl in Leederville, This Fine Day Boutique in Maylands, Eros Fremantle, Method Clothing in Mt Lawley just to name a few. 

I was kindly invited by Natasha to visit her studio and choose a couple of pieces to wear to the recent Urban Couture festival events. I couldn't help but be drawn to this simple, asymmetrical and eye catching blue dress, knowing I could wear it for the day events with heels or boots depending on my mood. As it turned out the day was on the colder side, and directly after the runway show (which I will be sharing on the blog shortly) it poured with rain for hours, washing out the evening show which sadly had to be cancelled. 
As I was to be shooting for the afternoon I threw this leather Bruug gilet over the dress to keep my arms free. (I have just noticed that it is now half price up on the Bruug site here.) 
A special thank you to Natasha for lending me this dress to wear and share with you. I have one more to share… despite that the weekends events were a wash out. It'll be up soon. 
xx Jenelle
Photos by Laura Liy

No comments:

Post a Comment