Friday, November 26, 2010

Give a Duck!



Who doesn't have about 5 defunct mobile phones lying around the house? I found a whole heap of them in my family house, and decided to do away with them. We have far too much junk and I had to start somewhere. Some were really massive ancient monsters too! I had come across a few envelopes encouraging me to donate mobiles to a Youth Cancer organization, which I did. The idea is that there are pieces of metal, and plastic in mobiles and the accessories which can be reused for all sorts of things. And roughly about $5 per phone is donated to the Youth cancer organization. These envelopes are currently turning up in magazines and newspapers, but I also discovered that if you pop into the Post office you can pick up envelopes there too.

These envelopes are for Oxfam, and for every two mobiles recycled before Jan 31st a duck will be given to the Oxfam Unwrapped program. So get hunting, and rid yourself of old mobiles, seriously you do not need them.

No comments:

Post a Comment